Welcome Graduate Students! Below is a link to the Entomology New Student Information Guide. In the guide you will find information about housing, Madison, orientation, benefits, enrollment, etc. This guide is intended to be a general overview of program requirements. For a complete listing of program requirements please visit the Handbooks and Forms webpage. For additional information on building resources, HR, IT, etc., please visit the Russell Labs Knowledge Base (KB).
- New Student Information Guide (PDF)
- Code of Conduct page
- Handbooks and Forms page
- Russell Labs Knowledge Base (KB) site
New Student Orientation
An agenda and details about orientation will be distributed via email to new students and participating current students, faculty and staff. Please contact Emily Laabs with any questions.
- Student Services Coordinator: Emily Laabs
- Academic Advising: Allee Hochmuth
- Most general questions: Dan Young
- Need authorization for independent study: Emily Laabs
Russell Labs Hub Resources
The Russell Labs Hub Student Services pages provide a growing set of resources for graduate students:
- General student resources, including on- and off-campus mental health and human services resources.
- MS and PhD milestones and steps to graduation – The UW Madison graduate school requires that students complete and document the following milestones:
- Complete your preliminary exams (PhD students only)
- Reach dissertator status (PhD students only)
- Defend your MS thesis or PhD dissertation
- Frequently Asked Questions
Last reviewed: 4/3/2023